In our last blog, we went a little in-depth about what to expect during your ninja warrior training. In this blog, we wanted to discuss what exactly you’ll learn from this training, and we’re not just talking about physical strength. Raise your hand if you get bored with normal exercise routines! What if we told you that you can get the same workout with this training, but in a much more fun way! Training to be a Ninja Warrior, whether you want to compete professionally or not, opens up a brand new way of getting fit. Here are a few life lessons this awesome training will help you achieve:
- Keep After The Warped Wall: This is one of the most iconic walls you’ll see in the Ninja Warrior training. During the official competition, you get three chances to get yourself up the wall. There’s no huge training to get yourself up the wall, it’s more about building up the right momentum. You may feel a little uncomfortable trying and you probably won’t get up the first couple of times, but you have to keep trying.
- Make It Fun: Yes, you’re going to be working hard to master each obstacle. They’re not designed to be a walk in the park. With that being said, these obstacles are designed more as a playground for adults instead of just plain exercise. Make sure you’re being careful, but let your inner child out as you move from obstacle to obstacle while working out at the same time!
- Be Apart of a Team: It’s always going to be a team effort. Even professional competitors have their supporters cheering for them on the sidelines. You’ll be part of a unique, supportive community encouraging you instead of bringing you down. Everyone in this community is working to achieve the same goal.
- Don’t Think About Falling: Have you heard of the phrase “don’t look down” when you’re on something high? It’s very similar with these obstacles. You’re going to be jumping, climbing, and scaling several things. At our gym, we anticipate the falls making sure there are soft mats on the ground so you don’t have to worry. Your main focus is on keeping yourself up. The second you think you’re going to fall it’s inevitable that you will. Keep your eyes up and your body moving. If you do fall, brush yourself off and try it again.
- You’re Much Stronger Than You Realize: Physically and mentally you’re much stronger than you may realize. You have the ability to take on a lot and succeed with everything that’s thrown at you. No matter what your skill level is, you ARE capable of doing each obstacle. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. We can’t wait to see you at our gym!